At My Little Conservatory, we take the health and safety of our students, families and teachers extremely seriously. In fact, that is our top priority! Because of this, our health and social distancing protocols exceed those issued by the County and State.
The My Little Conservatory Pledge:
- Each class will have a maximum of 6 students.
- Children will be spread 6 feet apart in the classroom. Grids are marked on the floor so that each child knows where their designated space is.
- To reduce contact, each teacher will remain with a stable cohort of 14 children.
- All staff will screen for Covid-19 before every class.
- All children must be screened at home prior to each class (looking for symptoms).
- All children will have their temperature taken with our contactless thermometer prior to class.
- All children and staff must wear a face covering at all times.
- Hand sanitizer or hand washing must happen at the beginning and end of each class. Hand sanitizer is also frequently distributed durin
- All props and instruments will be set out in specific baskets for each child.
- All instruments and props will be individually handed out to students. There will be no communal instrument pile. All items will be sanitized before the next use. Students can also bring their own instruments from home if preferred.
- The entire facility will be cleaned and sanitized in between uses. This includes the use of CDC approved disinfectant sprays/wipes and a UV light.
- High touch areas are cleaned hourly.
- Windows will be opened to improve air circulation
- Strict attendance records will be kept to aid in contact tracing if needed.
- Our waiting room will be closed and pickup/drop off will be outside.
We’ve taken the pledge to show our committment to help Stop Covid and Save the Music!!
If you’d to check out our schedule of in-person classes, click here. We can’t wait to see you in the classroom!
Written by Amelia Vitarelli, owner and educator of My Little Conservatory in San Jose, CA. Amelia has been enriching the lives of children in Silicon Valley for over 20 years.