Wow! The Threenager Year is tough! I was worried about the famous “terrible twos”, nobody warned me about three year olds! Lol!!
The Threeanger year doesn’t have to be difficult! Follow our top 10 quick tips on making this the best year yet!
- Give your child lots of undivided attention in small doses.
- Lots of physical touch really helps.
- Use your imagination to play and connect.
- Get outside!
- Your 3yr old is social, schedule playdates.
- Label their (and your) emotions.
- Use a behaviour sticker chart to reward the good.
- Redirect with creative projects
- Praise the effort, not the outcome.
- Be consistent and clear with expectations.
Our Kindermusik classes are full of fun tips to help make parenting easier and fun! Come play with us! Click here to learn more about our music classes.
Written by Amelia Vitarelli, owner and educator of My Little Conservatory in San Jose, CA. Amelia has been enriching the lives of children in Silicon Valley for over 20 years.