Our Covid-19 Response
When are you returning to in-person classes?
We are very happy to report that the County has removed much of the restrictions placed on recreational youth programs. We have begun opening more classes to in-person instruction. We are adding to our schedule each month. Please visit our schedule page to view the current offerings.
What are your cleaning & social distancing protocols for in-person classes?
Here are our current MLC Covid Protocols. All CDC and local Public Health rules will be followed. Here is a summary of some of the more applicable rules.
- All teachers are vaccinated.
- Each class will have a maximum of 6-7 students.
- Children will be spread 6 feet apart in the classroom.
- To reduce contact, children will be in a stable cohort.
- All staff will screen for Covid-19 before each class.
- All children must be screened at home prior to each class (looking for symptoms).
- All children will have their temperature taken with our contactless thermometer prior to class.
- All children (3+yrs) and staff must wear a face covering at all times.
- Hand sanitizer or hand washing must happen at the beginning and end of each class.
- All props and instruments will be passed out to each child. There will be no communal instrument pile. All items will be sanitized before the next use. Students can also bring their own instruments from home if preferred.
- The entire facility will be cleaned and sanitized daily. This includes the use of CDC approved disinfectant sprays/wipes and a UV light.
- High touch areas are cleaned hourly.
- Windows will be opened to improve air circulation
- Strict attendance records will be kept to aid in contact tracing if needed.
- Our waiting room will be closed and pickup/drop off will be outside.