We get asked a lot, “What do you do in a BABY music class??” At My Little Conservatory, our music classes begin at age 0! Yes, zero! There are so many wonderful cognitive, physical and emotional benefits for baby. Read more
Wow! The Threenager Year is tough! I was worried about the famous “terrible twos”, nobody warned me about three year olds! Lol!! Read more
Kindermusik has a brand new song to help your child feel comfortable in their mask! You can use this song and the accompaning activities to help make mask wearing part of your child’s routine. To access this FREE new song, simply go to the Kindermusik App and seach for “Mask” in the song Library. If you don’t have the AMAZING Kindermusik App, you can get a free download in the IOS and Google Play Stores. Read more
Social-emotional learning is a critical piece to positive early childhood development, and we know that music can accelerate this growth.
But how do we as educators use music to boost social-emotional skills in physically-distanced or virtual classrooms? And what does it look like by age? Read more
We’ve been featured on Wiki Ezvid in an article discussing classes that spark your child’s creativity. Wiki Ezvid is the largest and most comprehensive video wiki on the planet, providing useful, unbiased information and actionable guidance to hundreds of millions of people around the world, in thousands of knowledge categories. Thanks for featuring us!
Check out the article here!
During the Covid-19 Shelter-in-Place, MLC is offering our same exceptional music classes and lessons virtually. Create joy in your day by giving your child the gift of music!
We are proud to offer both our group Kindermusik Classes and our Private Lessons (piano, voice, and ukulele) via Zoom. Give your little one the brain boosting benefits of music while sheltering at home. Our classes are live, interactive and engaging musical experiences designed to bring joy to the whole family!
Here are 7 tips to make your Virtual Kindermusik Class a Success:
- Build excitement for your Kindermusik Class. Remember when the highlight of your day was coming to music class? We can still build that anticipation and excitement for our little ones by reminding them in the morning that it’s music class day! Help them get excited and ready for class.
- Go on an instrument/supply hunt before class. We send out an email on Monday morning with all the supplies that you’ll need for class. Make this fun by going on an instrument hunt! Have your child help gather supplies or come up with ideas for at-home instruments. Did you know that a box of macaroni and cheese can substitute for a shaker? An empty box or pan for a drum? Get creative and use what you have around your house.
- Have a designated room for music class. Kids LOVE routine! If possible, have your virtual music class in the same room every week. Make sure your room is free of distractions like toys, books, etc. Our wee ones are very easily distracted. This is normal and age appropriate. If your child gets distracted, simply allow them a few minutes and then redirect them back to their virtual class.
- Encourage your little one to engage. We are conditioned to sit still when we are watching the screen. This is true even for our youngsters. If you notice that your budding musician is not engaging, give some encouragement. Show them how it is done by actively doing the activities yourself.
- Remove the screen if it’s a distraction. Our virtual class is meant to be a guided musical experience between you and your child. This should be a time for you to connect and bond. If the screen is getting in the way of this, move the screen to a location that only YOU can see and continue on with the activities. This is also a great idea for those families who limit or avoid screen time.
- Get the whole family involved. Mom, dad, sister, brother, nannies, pets, etc. Your Kindermusik Virtual Classroom comes with free access for your immediate family. Make the class a family affair!
- Use the Kindermusik App. Did you know that Kindermusik has a wonderful free app? Using the Kindermusik App outside of your class is a great way for your little one to become familiar with the music and songs that we use everyday in class. The more familiar your child is, the more likely they will engage with the activities.
Written by Amelia Vitarelli, owner and educator of My Little Conservatory in San Jose, CA. Amelia has been enriching the lives of children in Silicon Valley for over 20 years.
Smiling, laughing, bouncing, jumping in the air…it’s adorable to see the joy when a little one’s favorite song comes on. It turns out kids are actually hard-wired to enjoy music, and music classes like those at My Little Conservatory are a great way to have fun. But, did you know that they help develop literacy as well? Read more
Our mission is the driving force behind My Little Conservatory! Our passion for music is helping to change the world one child at a time.
Check out a video snapshot of our Kindermusik for Little Musicians program (Level 3 for 3-4 year olds).
Every month we share the wonders of Kindermusik with the residents of the Belmont Village Senior Living Center. Our Kindermusik for Grandfriends events bring the young and young at heart together to experience the joy and cognitive benefits of music! This is truly a magical experience for all that attend. The toddlers love engaging with the elders and the seniors in turn are invigorated by the little ones’ youthful spirit. These events are free to current MLC families as a perk to your enrollment.
My Little Conservatory
1535 Meridian Ave. Suite 30
San Jose, CA 95125
Call: (669) 234-3383
Text: (408) 634-4087
Ranked in the top 1% of Kindermusik studios worldwide and the top-rated studio in all of California.