A voyage of musical discovery, our Level 5 Class (1 year program, June-May) is the culmination of our Kindermusik journey. The perfect step between early childhood music classes and private lessons, it builds progressively to nurture your child’s emerging musical talents. Singing, expressive movement, and instrument exploration ensure your budding musician’s skills and enjoyment of music continues to thrive and grow. Through games and musical play, they become more confident of their singing, begin reading music on the staff, and create their own musical compositions. Playing instruments from different countries and cultures allows them to spread their musical wings, discovering the endless possibilities of future musical study. Assigned homework helps prepare your child for formal practice time once private lessons begin.
Summer Session (June-August)
(For New Students, with no previous My Little Conservatory experience)
This is the time that musical buds begin to blossom! Your child will be introduced to numerous musical concepts including rhythmic notation, music reading, knowledge of the staff, and how it relates to all the songs they’re singing. No musical experience yet? No problem! This summer course will help your little one catch up so that they are ready to join Semester 1.
Semester 1 & 2 (Sept-May)
(Prerequisite: Level 4, Level 5 Summer Session or Teacher/Director Approval)
- Reading and writing music on the staff, learning musical vocabulary and history, and the ability to identify a wide range of instruments
- Learn to play the following instruments by reading notes on the staff and playing independently: percussion (drums), pre-piano (glockenspiel & keyboard) & pre-string instrument (dulcimer & ukulele)
- Improve overall musicianship and physical coordination through dynamic dance and animated movement
- Orchestral and Jazz Instrument Petting Zoo: Hands-on exploration of the following violin, flute, clarinet, saxophone, guitar, trombone, & trumpet
- Perform in our end of year Showcase Recital