https://mylittleconservatory.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/MLC_logo-web.png 0 0 My Little Conservatory https://mylittleconservatory.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/MLC_logo-web.png My Little Conservatory2020-07-21 21:58:302020-08-17 17:18:417 Tips to Make Your Virtual Kindermusik Class a Success!
During the Covid-19 Shelter-in-Place, MLC is offering our same exceptional music classes and lessons virtually. Create joy in your day by giving your child the gift of music!
We are proud to offer both our group Kindermusik Classes and our Private Lessons (piano, voice, and ukulele) via Zoom. Give your little one the brain boosting benefits of music while sheltering at home. Our classes are live, interactive and engaging musical experiences designed to bring joy to the whole family!
Here are 7 tips to make your Virtual Kindermusik Class a Success:
- Build excitement for your Kindermusik Class. Remember when the highlight of your day was coming to music class? We can still build that anticipation and excitement for our little ones by reminding them in the morning that it’s music class day! Help them get excited and ready for class.
- Go on an instrument/supply hunt before class. We send out an email on Monday morning with all the supplies that you’ll need for class. Make this fun by going on an instrument hunt! Have your child help gather supplies or come up with ideas for at-home instruments. Did you know that a box of macaroni and cheese can substitute for a shaker? An empty box or pan for a drum? Get creative and use what you have around your house.
- Have a designated room for music class. Kids LOVE routine! If possible, have your virtual music class in the same room every week. Make sure your room is free of distractions like toys, books, etc. Our wee ones are very easily distracted. This is normal and age appropriate. If your child gets distracted, simply allow them a few minutes and then redirect them back to their virtual class.
- Encourage your little one to engage. We are conditioned to sit still when we are watching the screen. This is true even for our youngsters. If you notice that your budding musician is not engaging, give some encouragement. Show them how it is done by actively doing the activities yourself.
- Remove the screen if it’s a distraction. Our virtual class is meant to be a guided musical experience between you and your child. This should be a time for you to connect and bond. If the screen is getting in the way of this, move the screen to a location that only YOU can see and continue on with the activities. This is also a great idea for those families who limit or avoid screen time.
- Get the whole family involved. Mom, dad, sister, brother, nannies, pets, etc. Your Kindermusik Virtual Classroom comes with free access for your immediate family. Make the class a family affair!
- Use the Kindermusik App. Did you know that Kindermusik has a wonderful free app? Using the Kindermusik App outside of your class is a great way for your little one to become familiar with the music and songs that we use everyday in class. The more familiar your child is, the more likely they will engage with the activities.
Written by Amelia Vitarelli, owner and educator of My Little Conservatory in San Jose, CA. Amelia has been enriching the lives of children in Silicon Valley for over 20 years.