https://mylittleconservatory.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/MLC_logo-web.png 0 0 My Little Conservatory https://mylittleconservatory.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/MLC_logo-web.png My Little Conservatory2016-08-25 17:10:132018-12-18 21:25:40Babies Learn Through Song!
Babies learn so much when we sing to them!
- Bonding – When you sing to your baby, they bond with your voice and then with YOU! Singing makes your voice the first and most important voice in her life. Your baby learns that you LOVE her!
- Transitions – Babies thrive on predictability! It makes them feel safe and nurtured. Adding songs to their transition times (waking up, sleeping, bathing, eating, etc) helps them know what comes next. Your baby will grow in confidence.
- Language – Language is inherently musical. When you sing, your baby learns about language and communication. Through your singing, baby gains a greater comprehension of our beautiful language.
- Vocabulary – Songs are full of rich vocabulary. Not only are common, everyday words used, but often songs contain more unexpected words. Songs are full of interesting lyrics, helping to build your little one’s vocabulary. When you hold up a stuffed bear and sing about it, baby learns to associate the name of that toy with the words you sing.
- Math Skills – The rhythm and steady beat of our songs helps build early math skills. The patterns found in music along with the beat represents the most basic expression of math.
- Singing names – A baby learns her name by hearing it in songs. If you substitute your little one’s name for other words in songs, they hear their name sung over and over again.
- Listening skills – Like reading stories, singing is an activity that requires listening. Everyone wants a child that is a good listener! Hearing is something we are born with, but listening is a skill that needs developing.
- LOVE – Using your singing voice is a way to express love. Your little one doesn’t care if you are a great singer. To them, you have the most beautiful voice in the world.